A Blogiversary and Queen Stitch Crochet
So it would seem that I have been writing this blog for a year now. Wow. I can hardly believe it. It has certainly been a really positive thing in my life. I have ‘met’ so many completely amazing people through this. I have always known that I am a ‘people’ person who cannot survive without contact with people and this has opened up a whole new world of people (almost literally!). If you are one of these people then do please help yourself to piece of cake and join me in my celebrations. (I would love to have had a giveaway but am sadly not that organsied – will do better next year I promise.)
Today is the day of the week where I eagerly await the ‘biggest’ regular coffee (tea or wine) meet up with fellow crafters through Handmade Monday.
Through a special link everyone shares their post about what they have been making during the week. I have to say I have learnt so much through each of these wonderful people and eagerly await the time when the children are in bed and I can sit down and have a good read. A big, huge thank you to all (with a special mention for Wendy whose idea it is and who hosts it every week.)
Another marker in my week is the creative ‘meet up’ called Creatives Unite that happens on a Thursday evening.
This is simply a time where you can sit down and know that others are also crafting away too. There is a great sense of community on twitter throughout. It is the time that I set aside each week to create my object for handmade Monday if I have not got around to making anything for the rest of the week. A huge thank to Anna for organising this one.
So what have I made this week? Following on from my experiments last week with Tunisian crochet I was very keen to have a go with wire and beads. I chose the queen lace stitch and created this:
Believe it or not this took 2 hours. Unfortunately it is not long enough to go around my wrist so cannot technically be called a bracelet although this is what I am hoping it will end up as.
I do really like this as I think it works really well.
The idea was to add beads to the ‘loopy’ (technical term!) bits that go across. I added 4 seed beads to each loop this time although I would also like to try using 1 larger one each time.
So there you have it. A work in process for this week. This is because I am also in the middle of a test knit which has taken a bit longer than I anticipated getting going. It is now on its way but I have a long way to go yet.
As for now….. well I should be knitting but fear that I shall not be able to avoid the lure of Handmade Harbour!! Hope to see you there