I am so glad that I do not ‘do’ new year resolutions! If I had I would probably have stated that I will:
Open an e-shop of some description.
Rewind a couple of weeks and I would have been full of optimism and raring to go. Now? …..well lets just say the doubts have set in.
There is a silver lining. When in a slightly more positive frame of mind I signed up to The Design Trust’s 2013 Challenge.
Select one word to guide you through your year.
What is your guiding word?
And how will this come to life for you? Add 5 examples how you this word will play a part in your life this coming year.
My word? Well it had to be BELIEVE.
I need to be able to believe in myself and what I am doing. If I don’t then I spend the whole time procrastinating, putting things off and not getting anywhere. I can already feel the rot setting in! Hopefully the monthly challenges will help me to shake the disbelief so that I can make progress. It may not work but it will have more chance of working if I can be positive and enthusiastic. Both of which rely on self belief.
To break this self belief down more I need to be able to believe in:
1. My ability to design something that people will want to wear.
2. My ability to produce an object that is good enough for others to buy.
3. That my designs are worth the money that I am selling them for.
4. That it is worth my while spending time and money to set up an e-shop (and that I can manage this successfully).
5. That I can take photographs and write descriptions that are good enough to explain each product.
Easy right? Only time will tell. I will keep you posted. How do you deal with self-doubt?