It is no secret that I am really happy that I started blogging. A day never goes by when I am not reminded about all the wonderful people I have ‘met’ via the online crafting community. As such I am REALLY ashamed to admit that I have been rather remiss about thanking, taking part and passing on the wonderful awards that I have been thoughtfully nominated for over the last few months. As such I am now going to produce a series of posts to put this straight. It will also remain as a wonderful reminder just how amazing you all are, each and every one of you. It still amazes me that anyone reads what I write, let alone comments on it – even though I must admit I do work hard at my blogging. I am very, much a ‘relationship’ girl. I like to get to know the blogs I follow as well as I can and that means investing time (and not as one of my friends puts it simply being a ‘blogtart’!)
I realise that these can be a bit tiresome to read but please consider it as a chance to find some great new blogs to read – we all need that don’t we. 🙂
Enough waffle. These are in no particular order (not even date!)
This award was awarded to me by lottieknits. I didn’t know this but Liebster is German for favourite. It was awarded to me on the 1st of May (only a month late this one!)
The rules say:
1. To thank the person nominating your blog (this of course goes without saying!)
2. To give 11 random facts about myself. (Oh uh – not good at that.)
3. To answer the questions that have been set me by Lottie.
4. Think up 11 questions for people to answer that I nominate for the award.
5. Nominate some more blogs and let them know (11 in total).
OK. 1. done.
11 facts about me:
1. I learnt how to play the clarinet.
2. I was a VERY shy teenager.
3. I played Cinderella.
4. I am a complete control freak (but am getting better.)
5. I have a degree in Geography.
6. I chose to study English Language over English Literature at A level.
7. I very rarely wear make-up.
8. I am prepared to knit or crochet anywhere and at any time (usually at the park or indoor play centres!)
9. I live in the same village as my parents and my brother and his family.
10. I have very small handwriting.
11. I hate sitting still for too long.
I hope that satisfies 😉
Now onto the questions I have to answer:
1. Knitting or crochet? That has to depend on the project. If I am designing – crochet every time, especially jewellery although there is something very comforting about knitting (and I don’t have to watch what I am doing when knitting).
2. What was the first thing you ever knitted or crocheted? I honestly cannot remember (I was a child!)
3. Can you crochet? Yes If you don’t crochet do you want to learn, or are you happy with just knitting?
4. Knitting/crocheting garments or accessories? Mainly accessories – they are quick! 😉 Although I enjoy test knitting garments and am currently knitting a tunic.
5. Natural fibres or synthetic fibres? Natural.
6. When you choose yarns, do you choose according to the colour or the fibre? Usually look or feel but I don’t choose that often as I often get the yarn specified or supplied!
7. Self striping yarns (like Noro) or plain yarns? I mainly use plain but I wouldn’t mind self stripping if the yarn was good quality and the item right for it.
8. Variegated yarn that does the work for you, or semi-solid yarn that shows off details? Again, depends on the project.
9. Cables or lace? Again depends. I want to say lace as I like fine work but I am knitting cables at the moment. Both add interest to the work which is important to me.
10.Fairisle or intarsia tricky. I have never done fairisle and am not always that keen on the patterns I see but, more recently I have seen more that I like – maybe it is something I should learn.
11. What is your favourite knitting or crochet book and why? My crochet stitch book – simply because it is my go-to if I ever get stuck and it has a lot of stitch patterns in it. It was also my first book. Not very big or complicated but still special 🙂
I really hope that you don’t feel that I have opted out too much on these answers.
Now for my questions:
1. What is your all time favourite craft?
2. Where is the strangest place you have ever crafted?
3. What is your favourite craft time snack?
4. Do you prefer the radio, tv, music or other when crafting? (If other then please inform!)
5. What is your proudest achievement?
6. What is your biggest crafting ‘dream’?
7. Who is your inspiration?
8. Is there a craft that you have yet to try that you would like to have a go at?
9. How often do you craft (everyday, every weekend, twice a week etc) ?
10. Are you a messy or neat crafter?
11. What or who got you started crafting?
Now for the blogs to nominate:
5. Truly Myrtle
9. Miss Neriss
I really enjoy all these wonderful blogs so if you do have time then do pop by and say hello.
Thanks again to Lottie for nominating me. I am much appreciative. Have a great weekend everyone. 🙂