Many would agree with me – Christmas is a very busy time of year, fun and enjoyable, but busy. This does not just apply to the actual day itself. When I began to feel all out of sorts yesterday I had to have a good long think:
1. Had I been spending time with my family? Yes.
2. Had I managed to do some running? Yes.
3. Was I really stressed? No.
So what was wrong? I gradually realised that I had not had any time for crafting. I have nothing on my hook, my needles or on my beading board. There was nothing that I could easily pick up and get on with in the odd five minutes. This is not good for me. I needed something that I could do that required little or no thinking. I had none.
So today I have:
1. Played the piano.
2. Made a novelty cake for my son’s birthday tomorrow.
3. Made two earrings.
4. Completed a park run with two of my children.
The world is now a better place 🙂
I hope that you have all fitted in your vital activities over the festive period.
- Bead (jewelfusion.wordpress.com)