I have been really naughty. A year ago I was contacted by someone at Red Heart yarns asking if I would like to sample some of their yarn as they were about to launch in the UK.Then came the long break ………
I did have a couple of half-hearted attempts at starting something but it sat there and sat there until finally, this week I have picked it up again. Obviously I ripped out everything that I had done and started again.
I have recently acquired 2 vintage crochet books:
Inside the second one I saw this scarf which I admit to liking:
Having only one ball of yarn I couldn’t make this.
In the other book I saw this:
So those are my ‘inspirations’. I then set out to make a cowl. I started off with a row of trebles to give the lacy open Solomon knot stitches a bit of structure. I then started on the Solomon knot stitches. The first row has two stitches to create a v before joining it back the initial treble chain. The next round of Solomon’s knot consists of 1 to join up each of the ‘v’s. I continued this a few times before finishing off with another row of trebles:
It has worked out a lot better than I ever thought it would as I feared that the open structure would mean that it simply collapsed. It appears that this is not the case!
There is one issue:
I am sure that when I think about this carefully then I will easily realise what I have done wrong but until then it remains a work in progress!
As for the yarn itself. Apart from absolutely loving the colour it is very easy to work with. It dealt with being ripped back without any issues at all, it doesn’t split and is quite soft. I also will have loads left after I have finished the cowl too. Win win! Now just to go and sort out the slight mis-match…..